Let’s get this week started! I wanted share a little about me and a few pictures of me and my family.
- I was born in Atlanta, GA and I’m a Navy brat. I was the only one of my siblings not born in our hometown of Kansas City.
Me at 3 months and 5 years old.
2. I’m a romantic at heart, I love my husband.
My 30th high school reunion, our wedding day and our anniversary last year.
3. I love going to old school R & B concerts. We used to go all the time, they aren’t as popular in Kansas City like they were in St. Louis.
4. Becoming a mother has been the greatest joy in my life. I love my girls.
My girls are young women now.
My theatre girls, I started them when they were young in theatre. They love it and have been in several plays and musicals in middle and high school.
5. My oldest daughter has Asperger’s Syndrome. I’m so proud of the young woman she has become. Adults with special needs still need guidance and help. I’m my daughter’s advocate.
There’s not a challenge that we can’t overcome.
6. I’m very social, but appreciate my alone time. I can get lost in a crocheting or jewelry project, watching a movie, football game, a home improvement show or one of my favorites, investigative shows.
Me at a fashion show and home crocheting and watching the Chiefs play.
7. I’m a very picky eater, but I love Drunken Beans, recipe to come later.
Drunken Beans, yum!
8. I’m a natural hair enthusiast, I’ve been natural five years and love it!
My big chop in 2012 and my afro puffs in 2016.
9. Crocheting relaxes me.
Blanket, bear and hat. I’ve crocheted so much, it’s amazing.
10. I miss these two people like crazy, my parents.
Mommy & Daddy…RIH.
Have a great week.