My highlights for the month of May.
- I finished a WIP that I started in July of last year. Don’t judge me, lol.
- I quit a job that was breaking my body down.
- I continue to realize my worth even through life struggles. Amen!!!
- This is my latest thing, head wraps. My daughter and I have purchased a nice collection of scarves.
The #mayscopeaday challenge on Periscope is over. The challenge was to get us crafty people on Periscope to use it more to promote our business or just improve our self confidence with public speaking. I completed the challenge by scoping everyday in the month of May. It was fun, challenging and by the last week we were all tired. What did I get out of it?
- People like to watch videos and hear what people have to say. I’ve been putting this off, establishing my YouTube channel based on fear. Participating in this challenge has eased my fear and I plan to work on coming up with ideas and start doing that as well.
- We have to value our craft as a business because if we don’t, no one will. Never low ball yourself.
- There are many facets to fiber crafting and we have only scratched the surface.
- There are true careers in the fiber community besides crocheting and knitting.
- I still want to learn paper crafting.
- I started my knitting lessons and will have a series on the blog with my step by step learning process.
- I met some beautiful women during this 31 day challenge and we are trying to plan a retreat.
- I’ve decided to make crocheted dolls to help promote self-love among black girls. We have to start when they are young.
I’m always trying to find ways to establish streams of income. I’ve looked into Ebay, Amazon, and other ways. I have a couple of things I’m working on, in the research stages now.
- Being an entrepreneur is a full-time job.
- Must stay on top of things and keep up with online businesses and take good notes.
- Be authentic, original and know that you can help or make something better.
My completed projects for the month of May, yes the knitted swatch counts.
My new favorite coffee mug from my girls.
Have a great weekend.